Thursday, March 6, 2008

Stress

Last night wasn't good. It was so busy I only got sporadic opportunities to try to grab something to eat/drink, it was 25 minutes at the most. I am so overwhelmed and stressed. As most of you know, I made some poor choices in regards to taking a 2/5 position and having no seniority. I did this so that the guy I thought was moving home to be with Victoria and I would actually have time with us. Well that was a VERY bad choice. Not only did that relationship end and he not move here but I was now stuck with the many choices I had made to try and make his move home work. Well I was able to get a full time position, find someone to take the lease on the place I had gotten us among other things however there was nothing to be done about the seniority issue. Now I am paying for it. Oh am I paying for it!!!!The new "draft" for the new schedule is not good. Due to the lack of seniority I will no longer have stretches off nor have every other weekend off. I will now have to work 3 out of 4 weekends and deal with long stretches at work. Being a single mom I don't know how I will ever make this work. I actually want to see my daughter and with this rotation it won't be possible. We have no casuals and rumor is we won't be getting any to replace them. My hopes of ever having vacation when I want it has pretty much gone out the window. I haven't been able to sleep yet and I have 2 more night shifts. I wish I had someone here to talk to and help me through this....

No comments: