Monday, March 31, 2008

Migraine Monday

The weekend at work was insane. We are back in code purple at valley so stress levels are all running on high. When I don`t get enough sleep, don`t eat right and have high levels of stress I get a migraine. Late yesterday morning I could feel one (A BAD ONE) coming on. I was seeing the lovely yellowish light so I knew it was coming. I looked through my purse and work bag and realized I had just filled my prescription for Maxalt and left it all home. I struggled through and about 20 minutes before the end of my shift I started seeing spots ( like if you look at a bright light then close your eyes) and my fingers were tingling like my hand was asleep. I left work on time hoping that I could get my Maxalt in time. When I got home I realized I had my spare set of van keys and didn`t have a house key. I ended up having to drive to Berwick to get my spare key. By the time I got home I had a full blown migraine. I couldn`t stand light or noise and felt just plain sick. I managed to stay up until the end of the hockey game but had the sound way down. I thought getting sleep may have helped but it didn`t. I really want to call in sick but don`t dare to. The boss has been having meetings with people who call in sick and I really don`t want one of those meetings.
Anyway here is to Migraine Monday.....lets hope it doesn`t carry over into a terrible Tuesday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you tried any home remedies for your migraine?? Try the juice of ripe grapes. Grind fresh ripe grapes and drink without adding any water.

Anonymous said...

Get the botox injections they work!!