Wednesday, January 18, 2012

The "Talk"

So the appointment with Dr. Hilliard wasn't as pleasant as it could have been. She was fantastic. I am not complaining about her or her care in the least. I think she is fantastic.

What I am upset about is the reality of a feeding tube in Ben's future. We had the "Talk" around an NG tube. She just felt it would help him get over the plateau he seems to have some up against and make life a bit more stress free on the other side. I know she is right, yet I still feel guilty and like there is something more I could do.

She is going to fortify his breast milk with a concentrated formula to really up his calories. Hopefully that will help some...he was up a bit from yesterday but not enough to count.

Seriously I am freaking out about tomorrow....The nurse that runs the cleft palate clinic and I really didn't get off on the right foot in the NICU. I really hope that I will have a better experience than I think I will.

No comments: