Thursday, October 9, 2008

Victoria and the bus

I hate mornings...let me just start by saying that much. We survived the madness of Monday and Tuesday where both Victoria and I had to be up, ready and out the door to school or work by 7:35am. Today however something went terribly wrong. I don't know exactly why or how or what happened but my alarm didn't go off...and neither did hers. She woke up or rather woke ME up at 7:25am!!!! I did one of the terrible convenience breakfasts (instant hot cereal, juice and milk) again don't judge me I had NO time to work with. I couldn't find Vicotria's home work book and searched everywhere before finding it in her toy box in the closet. I have NO idea why it would be in there...or why I even thought to look for it in there hmmm...
In an attempt to save time I decided to get some clothes out for Victoria. I put them on her bed...she tried to argue I told her there wasn't time and to just put the clothes on. While she was getting dressed I went to make Victoria's lunch. To save you the boring play by play everything was going well until I went to get the cream cheese for her wrap out of the fridge. I save the old containers was them and reuse them in an attempt to go green. Yes sad I know but come on admit it you do it too. Anyway I get what I THINK is whipped cream cheese out of the fridge. I tried to get the top off and it didn't want to come off...I tipped it and pulled and the entire contest flew EVERYWHERE!!! Turns out I had put the left over fruit cocktail in it and syrup and all landed all over me and the floor. I was cursing under my breath while scrubbing my floor (ladies water and vinegar works well to get all the sticky off). I throw together Victoria's lunch. Whole wheat turkey wrap, orange slices, grape fruit leather, raisins, yogurt and a reusable bottle full of water. I throw EVERYTHING including next weeks lunch order in her backpack. I throw her hair in a pony tale...she wasn't impressed but I am sure she will get over it.
As I am used to the bus is at the stop down the road. We run and make it.
John (the bus driver) was laughing at us again. I am sure we serve as his morning entertainment.

No comments: