Thursday, October 2, 2008

The Trouble with Keys...alternately Blond moment number 20002920292

I hate keys...I have too many. Well it's not so much I have too many as work GIVES me too many. For background info to this amusing RAS on my part, as part of my job I need several (and I means SEVERAL) different sets of keys and codes. My id badge acts as a key to get me into the hospital after hours as well as the restricted areas.(Yeah I am just that cool LOL). The codes get me into the doors with the pass code locks. Think of them as fancy combination locks. Lastly I have several sets of old fashion key keys. Also keep in mind this story happened at 3am so my brain was asleep even though I was not.

I was trying to take break. I get a call. It involved me going upstairs to the Medical Day Unit to get into a locked cupboard. Being with it enough to know I need keys I grab them from the drawer and head upstairs out of my locked office. I get upstairs, right to the cupboard in fact before I notice I have the totally wrong ring of keys. Oh love a duck!!! I head back to the office only to discover I did not have my ID badge to let myself back in. I could see it on the desk through the glass window. By this point I am really mad. I had to call security to let me back into my office. I finally get in and exchange the keys, only to unlock the cupboard and realize what I was looking for was already back in my office!!!!!

Should I worry that this was only night number two????

1 comment:

Laura said...

You are so funny. You make me wish I worked with you lol