Saturday, October 4, 2008

Calling all Cooks

In place of my normal post tonight I am asking you, my dear readers for some help. Victoria's school is making a cookbook which they will be selling to help support various activities and purchase supplies for the school. We are asking people to submit recipes to be published in the book. This is where you guys and girls come in. I hope some of you will be willing to donate a recipe to the cause. It doesn't have to be fancy or complicated. Just make sure it has the name of the recipe, the name of the person submitting the recipe, the list of ingredients and how to make it. IF by some chance you have a recipe that celebrates living in the Annapolis Valley that's even better! Please be sure to include those facts with the recipe(s). You can email them to me, send me a message on facebook, leave them for me at work or just stop by. I need to have them in to the school by October 15.

Thanks everyone!!! Also if anyone would like to buy a cook book (they will be back in time for Christmas) **HINT HINT HINT *** Let me know and I can get the ordering info to you.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello there, I have a simple recipe for a Baked Custard. This desert is good for a cold winters day- you will need :
Butter
3 cups milk
3 eggs
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp vanilla

preheat oven to 375. grease a 1 1/2 qt baking dish or 6 custard cups with butter

pour the milk into a medium suacepan and heat over medium heat just until small bubbles begin to rise. remove from heat.

break eggs into a lrge bowl and beat lightly with a fork. add sugar and salt. pour the hot milk into the bowl and stir. add the vanilla and stir again.

pour mix into the baking dish or custard cups. place into a large baking pan half filled with water.

bake for 20 to 25 min for the cups and 30 to 35 min for the dish. make sure to check that water in large dish doesn't bubble, if it starts, lower temp a little so custard doesn't get watery. the custard is done when tooth pick comes out clean.

Obviously this should be done with a parent. I hope every one enjoys this recipe!

P.S. you should post the ordering info- i would love to get a new recipe cook book!

Jane B said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jane B said...

Did you get my recipe? I emailed it to you. Let me know if you didn't get it

~Erin said...

Sonja thank you so much for the recipe. I made it tonight for supper and it was wonderful. This is a keeper for sure! I will be submitting it for the cookbook. I have a PTA meeting tomorrow night so hopefully I will be able to get all the ordering info can be posted.

Jane I did get your recipe. I will be trying it this week. Cheesecake.Yum!!