Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Monday Madness Vent....

Today sucked. Let me just start by saying that much. I am sore. I spent the day doing alot of heaving lifting/moving at work. I apparently did too much and I am paying for it now. I had a coding assignment due tonight and my stupid email decided to be a pain in the rear and not work right. I did manage to get it to work but I won't share with you some of the choice phrases I was saying while trying to get it to send. But the worst part of the day started before I ever left the house. I THOUGHT I was doing well. I was up, showered dressed, hair AND makeup done (impressed so far aren't you...don't be) Victoria had eaten and was in the bathroom getting ready. Her clothes were laid out, her backpack packed all that was left was to pack her lunch. This is where it all went horribly wrong. I had everything packed except an orange. Victoria likes it when I slice them into wedges for her so being a good mom I decided to slice one for her. I had not had coffee to this point and was still a little on the groggy side. Victoria yelled to me asking me where something was...I turned my head WHILE slicing the orange and sliced my finger instead..it hurt but i tried to ignore it. I threw the orange slice in the container and went to find Victoria. I put her hair in a pony tail then noticed her shirt was COVERED in blood. MY blood. My finger was bleeding and I got it on her shirt...she had to go change I went to the bathroom to try and clean my finger up and noticed i had gotten blood all over my scrubs too! I had to change...we almost missed the bus....we didn't but it was close. I was still bleeding when I got to work...Shannon fixed me up....thank goodness Monday is over for another week....

2 comments:

Austinsmom said...

Are you okay???

~Erin said...

It is major sore. I have a steri strip on it holding it closed...still seeping some. I will soak it tonight before I head to work. At least it is my left hand so it isn't as bad.