Thursday, July 3, 2008

Life is too short

This has been a hard week.


Friends of mine who have been married for 12 years were divorced this week. This was a couple that you never would have thought would have gotten divorced. It really makes me question relationships after this.


I found out that a long time family friend, whom we have travelled with south numerous years has been given less than a year to live. His decline happened so fast I am not really sure I can accurately wrap my head around it. He had a cold when we went south but it just seemed like a really bad cold. When he got home the discovered how sick he really was and his decline in health has been steady since then. On Canada day, while at the cottage, his wife told us of the prognosis and to be honest it really shocked me.


I also found out that one of my good friends from my school days almost died this past week. He was in really rough shape and if it wasn't for his brother he wouldn't have made it. I was really upset over that last night.

That really was the bulk of the bad/hard news...while none of it happened to me, nor was it about me it made me stop and think and look at my own life. I don't think enough of us truly appreciate what we have until its gone. I am going to be taking a long hard look at my life and making some changes.

No comments: