Friday, July 11, 2008

Okay Boys and Girls....It's soapbox time again!

Okay I have taken out the soapbox and hopping up on it once again. I try to refrain from these types of rants however enough is enough. What is todays subject....so glad you asked...it's the wonderful World of WarCrack!!! First off I am NOT talking to the MASSES who don't let this game run their lives. For you it is NOT an addiction and I am not suggesting you give up something you enjoy. In fact power to you. My beef lies with those who cannot control their gaming habits, causing problems in their personal, professional and daily life. This is prompted by yet another friend ditching all of their friends, ignoring the phone and blowing off work (yup that's right WORK, and for the record this is NOT a valid reason for a sick day) for this game. Enough is Enough!!!

WoW...yup that's right I have taken out the soapbox to rant about one of, if not the most addictive computer game of all time. I have NOTHING against computer games. I have NOTHING against the occasional computer game playing binge; HOWEVER when it turns from a pass time to a full blown addiction it has gone way too far. I am tired of the excuses, I am tired of being ignored and I am really tried of watching responsibilities, family members and friends take a back seat to a virtual world. The only explanation is that there is an addiction that takes over and logical, rational functioning goes out the window. This game has taken many a friend from my life. Why? It's quite simple....when you don't answer the phone, the door and make excuses for EVERY attempt to get together for MONTHS then yes I am going to walk away. I can also safely say the last two relationships I have been in have had this addictive monster be the cause much undo stress and frustration. Before I get some comment to the effect of well you can't expect a guy to pay all his attention to you, you're right and that is not at all what I expect. I do, however, feel that when you are in a relationship and the only reason for not hearing from or seeing the other person in over 3 weeks is WoW then there is a MAJOR problem.

NEWS FLASH!!!!!!

I will not take a back seat to some virtual world nor will a lot of other people. Get help before you lose someone in the real world that actually means something to you. There is no going back to a previously saved game or restarting in real life. Many relationships once damaged that badly can't be fixed and once we walk away we're gone. Don't let this happen to you. Play Responsibly.

No comments: