Saturday, April 12, 2008

Today was the day.....I think

The antibiotics have kicked in and I can finally swallow! YAY! I went back to work today. When I arrived, there on my desk was an interoffice envelope. It had my name on it and was just sitting there. I felt my heart drop. I knew what it was. I sat there, stared at the envelope and took a drink of my coffee. I took report from Lori and before she left she asked if I had opened it yet. She told me what it was, but I already knew....the draft schedule. I finally got up the nerve to open it and read it. I read the memo. It said that it was in fact the schedule that Shannon and I worked on with our boss. My eyes went to my line and it was just as it had been during the last meeting. For working so hard on something I have little to no emotion about it. Maybe it is because it is still in the trial phase (for the next 3 months), or maybe it is because, for lack of a better word, I have been bullied but a coworker. She has told me I have offended some of my coworkers and closest friends with the schedule and gone so far as to be accusing me of favoritism. She has been a plain bully. I am sure it will sink in eventually and I will be pleased. On the plus side I will actually know when I work and when I am off.
In other news I am also looking for a new car. I took a couple cars for test drives this weekend. I am in need of a car that has a little better gas mileage than the ancient van I have now. Also I have looked at a couple places for Victoria and I but may just wait for the nice place that is available in August like I planed. The landlord is the same guy who had the place I was supposed to get for January, but given the series of events that took place no longer needed. I have narrowed my laptop choices down to 2 so hopefully by the first of the week I will be the proud owner of a computer that WORKS!!

No comments: