Monday, September 8, 2008

Monday Madness

Monday is always rushed for us. I have to run to work right after Victoria gets on the bus. Today we added to the classic Monday moments with this little gem.....


I had been awake most of the night with a horrible migraine. Let the record show I still have it and it has NO signs of letting up. Anyways...I went to get Victoria up and she was still sound asleep and in no mood to get up. I was so sick and so sleepy I ended up laying down next to her...thinking I could talk her into getting up...turns out both of us fell asleep...we woke up at 7:15am...she had 20 minutes until the bus and I had to be to work and at my desk by 8am. Everything from this point on was a blur. My daughter got instant oatmeal (don't judge me...it could have been worse) I got a glass of water and 2 extra strength advil since my Zomig was doing nothing. I made and packed her lunch....found her pencil case which for some reason was in her toy kitchen's oven...I have learned sometimes it is best not to ask. I got her dressed and helped her do her hair. While she was out getting her shoes and putting her lunch box in her backpack I washed my face and started to brush my hair....then I heard "Mommmmmmm the bus is HHHHeeeerrreeee.....Hurry pwease.." I manage to throw my hair into a pony tail and rush into my room to grab scrubs...thank goodness scrubs come colour coordinated!!! I quickly put on some make up and run down the hall grabbing my keys off the table on my way by. Victoria is waiting by the door. As we get outside the bus is already at the stop down the road. I throw my purse in my van and we RUN!!!!! Here comes the classic moment. As we are running to the bus stop Victoria loses one of her shoes...but she keeps going. When I stop to get it she yells "MOM LEAVE IT THERE ISN'T TIME!!!!!!" I started laughing grabbed the shoe and followed her. I laughed even harder when I saw Austin yelling for Victoria to hurry up and waving his arms like they are in a baseball game and he is waving her home. She got her shoe on before the bus stopped to let her on.

I think I will be laughing about this all week!!!

No comments: