Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Erin vs The Swimsuit ---> Chapter One

I have yet to go to the gym....yes this joining up was a great idea...however I still have not gotten comfortable enough to go alone. Most of the people who frequent this gym are in near perfect physical condition and makes one wonder if they were born there. Somehow being the "chunky" new girl on the treadmill isn't exactly the look I am going for. Instead I have been running EARLY in the morning before the neighbours get up and while it is still dark. I have also been doing light work with free weights and some cardio DVD workouts. I have determined that my muscles are very used to dancing and anything that takes them out of this normal range of motion they are going to protest. I never thought of myself as grossly out of shape. I can dance (ballet) for long periods of time and I m flexible (bendy as some call it) HOWEVER I now hurt in places I did not know existed! Raising my arms makes them feel like they are going to fall off. This should make work interesting. I should be fine provided I don't have to do any lifting, pulling, pushing or walking....or stairs...hmmmm perhaps this will be a problem.

And so it begins....stay tuned for Chapter Two

No comments: