Sunday, May 13, 2012

So...

...we are still waiting to see what the final word on the PICC line is.

The radiologist was able to see it (FINALLY) BUT it isn't down all the way where they would like it. This may or may not be a problem, as Ben only needs it for antibiotics and not chemo nor TPN.

The doctors are supposed to make up their minds this afternoon so that the PICC can be tried.

The plan is IF we can use the PICC line as placed now to start the paperwork to get us HOME!!

I will be doing almost all the care myself however we will have to get private nursing care as well, and that may take a little bit of arranging.

There is no definite plan but things are starting to move in the home direction. Even though we are going home...the next 6-8 weeks are going to be really hard I think.

I will update more later when I know more.

No comments: