Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Ducks in a Row...


I have my ducks in a row....the doctors have their ducks in a row.....home care however is another story!

Yesterday was beyond frustrating. I was promised we could go home...but alas no...

Ben had to have his PICC repositioned, which also entailed yet another X-ray. Ben's medications have been switched to stronger ones twice a day but they make him sick, ID checked him out via swabs to make sure he wasn't really sick, so far all have come back negative. Hopefully that means his isolation precautions will be lifted this morning. We are going stir crazy in here!!

Last night Ben had a bad med line which caused the connection to his PICC to blow and bleed all over me. I got my first experience clamping and covering a blown line..yay me. At least I am confident I know what to do if it happens at home.

So now we are sat here waiting....with the same promises as yesterday...that we will get to go home and will be there sooner rather than later.

Sigh....

No comments: