Thursday, February 14, 2008

Doesn't Anyone Speak English Anymore?

Stupidity annoys me. Anyone who knows me at all will tell you that much. If you did not read the post from the other day about my "encounter" with student loan you may want to read that first then come back to this post....it will make a lot more sense. Yesterday I put in the call to pay the entire over award back. I get a woman on the phone who, after I explained what had gone on and how I was settling the matter she proceeded to tell me that it was because of me "people like me" that universities and loan lenders are in such poor shape. People who make as much as I do take it from those who really need it. Keep in mind all this was done in a very thick accent and VERY broken English. NOW if you are going to insult me and make a comment that speaks to the type of person I am you need to get your facts straight and have actually MET me. I am afraid after no sleep, a bad day at work and being up with a sick child all night I was in NO mood to take her load of malarkey. I proceeded to point out that the agency that she was representing was the one who approved my application. I also pointed out to her that the estimated income for the prestudy period was far less than the estimate that I had made AND the amount I made during the study period were also less. When they audited me AFTER they had already given me the loan they pointed out in a letter that I met the criteria for the loan and that the audit showed that I HAD NOT been given an overaward. I also proceeded to not so nicely remind her that if it were not for "people like me" going to university and needing student loans that SHE would not have a job. After I finished tearing strips off her I demanded to speak with her supervisor to take care of the matter. She did everything but kiss me feet (more out of fear of being reported than anything else). I actually hope that was recorded....it was amusing and I am sure it will provide many hours of enjoyment for someone. LOLThe supervisor was not better....even stronger accent and actually told me it was very hard to understand me due to my strong accent. EXCUSE ME??!!! I am calling NOVA SCOTIA student loan. I am from NOVA SCOTIA!!!!! My East Coast accent really should cause MAJOR communication barriers when calling with in my own country let alone my own province. I spared him a rant and decided that they must have a rule stating that for every intelligent customer service agent they hire they hire ten agents whose sole job is to irritate and infuriate the public. At the risk of sounding like a broken record stupidity annoys me. After paying the over award the "supervisor" tries to explain about a "special paper" I'll need for income tax showing the amount of what was owed...interest and summary of payments and yada yada yada and that this would be sent in the mail and emailed to me as well. When I checked my email I got a link that was no longer being used. Being cranky I call back and demand to speak to my good buddy the supervisor. I explain that the link he emailed me was dead. He laughs and says you cant be dead you speaking to me. I assured him that I was not dead and since I was alive would need him to mail me the document ASAP. I left it there...for once I was speechless....

No comments: