Friday, February 3, 2012

3 Days...

We are down to 3 days before Ben's surgery...it doesn't quite seem possible.

The sleep deprivation is getting to me. I have held it together until now but I am right on the edge of a breakdown.

Today was weird anyway. Things started with an ENT resident telling us the Bronchoscopy will be done on Monday after Ben's airway is secured and prior to the big jaw distraction surgery. He then mumbled something about Ben's palate repair and left.

The pediatric team came in for a social visit. They have become more like Ben's personal cheerleaders more than doctors.

Dr Hong was in and gave us the big "talk" around surgery and what to expect. Most of it were things we had already gone over. He went over complications and chances of failure. I know they are things he has to say but thinking Ben is going to go through all that and then not have it do anything is heartbreaking. I signed the consent and put it out of my mind.

Social work checked in but really, aside from scanning the medical letters for Ashley, they have really done all they could do for us.

I am burnt out...I want this journey to be behind us.

T- 3 day.....

Not long now...

No comments: