Friday, December 23, 2011

Presents




Today was the day of the present.




First the lovely social worker that has been helping to organise accommodation for us and putting us in touch with resources to help us cope came to see us. She took Ashley and I to a Christmas tree that had loads of toys underneath. We were able to pick something for Harrison and Victoria to give them for Christmas from the NICU staff. We were in shock. These people go above and beyond to help restore some normal to the lives of the people that come and go through the NICU doors. I can't say enough good about them.




Afterwards Ashley and I were paid a visit by the genetic counselor. I was a bit worried. The results weren't expected in that quickly and being really the last day of work before the Christmas holiday my mind went to a pretty dark place. However I was pleasantly surprised when she told us that Ben's results were essentially normal. One portion of the test won't be back for a few months but there is no reason to believe it would be abnormal at all. It truly looks like Ben's Pierre Robin Sequence is an isolated event. This truly was the best Christmas gift we could get!!!




We decided that we really needed to finish off the shopping for the other kids for Christmas and we left Ben for a very short time in the NICU nursery so we could get the rest of the presents. It truly is starting to feel a little bit like Christmas.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh i'm so happy for you! I hope it stays this way and that Ben will be allowed home soon. I hope you have a Happy Christmas despite all what is going on. Sending all our love from all of us here. Lots of love Jodie xxx

Kelly Nelson said...

Merry Christmas Erin. So glad Ben is doing well with his feedings. As for the BAD Nurse, I would have her job!!! Give the kids a big hug for me and tell your husband to give you a big hug for me as well. Wish I could be there for you. You are a wonderfull mother and person in general. Wishing you all the best sweety. Hope Ben gets to home really soon. Hugz.