Saturday, December 24, 2011

Day Dream?

I think I must be dreaming....we are getting a 30 hour pass to go home for Christmas!!!

Ashley packed...I got myself and Ben ready...we went to the NICU and had the nurse check Ben and the straps in his car bed.

Ashley took a load of things to the van...and then we left. I kept thinking someone was going to stop us. We went through both set of NICU locked doors and no one did. We made it to the elevator, then the lobby. We handed in the registration of live birth form and got in the van.

While we were driving away, I watched the hospital fade from view. No one stopped us. We were really going home...even if only for 30 hours. We were going to have Ben, Harrison and Victoria all in one place for the first time. No doctors, no nurses, no alarms, no monitors...I get to sleep in my own bed tonight and have a shower in my own bathroom with a towel that smells like fabric softener not "hospital". Suddenly the fact I didn't get all the shopping done I had wanted to didn't matter, the fact nothing is wrapped and under the tree doesn't matter, nor does it matter the BIG family dinner at my place isn't going to happen tonight. All that matters is we are all going to be home.

I keep expecting this to be a dream and wake up in the room that is always dark no matter what time of day. If this isn't a dream I am going to get what I really wanted for Christmas, my husband, my kids and myself all at HOME for Christmas.

No comments: