Sunday, November 16, 2008

This just hasn't been my weekend so far....

Mostly it is my own fault but that doesn't change the fact that it just isn't my weekend. I HAD plans for tonight ( well Saturday night...I guess it is after midnight so it is now Sunday.) but I cancelled them. Why? Well I cancelled them a while back when I was supposed to be having company. I was really excited since this person hadn't been home in forever. I guess I shouldn't have cancelled out until I knew the trip was a go. Needless to say the trip fell through and of course everyone else made new plans. I was really upset because I had been looking forward to the visit and I had been looking forward to the party and NEITHER ended up happening. But hey I didn't have to work so I figured the weekend would still be fine but things just didn't go my way. Not horrible or earth shattering but just enough to be annoying. I spent most of Friday at the rink. This morning I was at the rink again...freezing....the line was way too long at Tim Horton's so I didn't get a coffee, that made it seem even colder than it really was. Victoria was saying her throat was "dry" when she got off the ice but figured it was just because she was hot and tired out. We took my gram shopping, and had lunch with her. Victoria "seemed" fine. Later on in the afternoon D and I took her to the city to see the lighting of the Christmas lights and see the parade. That's when BOTH Victoria and I started feeling sick. Both of us tried to stick it out and have a good time but I know I certainly wasn't enjoying it. It was cold and rainy and we felt icky. Victoria's throat was really sore and she was complaining of a headache. I felt the same way. D brought us home but it was a really really long drive home. I got some Advil in Victoria and she seems to be feeling better. I still am not feeling great. I watched some hockey and wasn't impressed with the outcome. I hate shootouts. Let me just leave it at that.
I still have one day left in my weekend off, lets hope it gets better.

1 comment:

Jane B said...

Awww things will get better hun *hugs